Vasilian Monastery

Vasilian Monastery on Mount Theodore appeared during 1751 - 1753 years from the initiative of Count Nicholas Potocki, founder Buchatskiy Hall. Back in 1712 his father, Stefan Potocki with the permission of the Archbishop of Lviv invited to Lithuania in Buchach Vasilian foundation for theological boarding school and seminary. A May 12, 1751 was laid the first stone for the construction of the monastery.

Бучач
The author of this project Monastery of the Holy Cross Order of St. Basil the Great was the architect I. Shyltser. The complex, which appeared on the site of the former Dominican church, consisted of kostelopodibnoyi Zdvyzhenskoyi church bell, body cells and body gymnasium. The project is a huge Church of Exaltation of the Cross, which was built during 1750 - 1570 years, attributed to architect Gottfried Hoffman - author of the restructuring Pochayiv Monastery, which was carried out by means of the same Nicholas Potocki.



The temple was built in late Baroque style. It is cruciform in plan. In the event graced with two towers p'yatyyarusni that make the whole church dominating the old city. Towers are decorated with pilasters and cornices. The interior remained a valuable iconostasis and six wooden sculptures made ​​by master Nicholas Filevych Lviv. The walls are decorated with pilasters with gilded Corinthian capitals, and tempera painting of the XVIII century on religious themes.




On both sides of the church, church buildings adjoining monastic cells. Cells older than the church: some sources date back to XVII century. They, unlike the church, have simplified decor and decorated with only shovels and windows, attic floor. They also cells for monks housed stables and kitchen. The oldest building is the left that ends with bell-tower with a spire.


When the monastery was a school-orphanage and seminary. In 1804 he founded a school here, among the teachers which were poets Julian Dobrylovskyy and Hilarion Grabowicz, biologist Semen Trush, and among the audience - well-known Polish and Ukrainian cultural and artistic figures. It was closed in 1944. In 1946 and eliminated the monastery. In 1991 the monastery resumed its activities and still belongs to the Greek Catholics - Basilian Fathers. Since 1995, the monastery has historical and philosophical Lyceum for future priests.


Emblem of the founders Potocki "Piliava":

 

 

Ozeriany

If coming from Kamenetz to Chortkiv through Borschiv, Ozeriany you do not miss. And if you drifted here, then Ozeriany should definitely make a stop. They are worth it. Ozeriany - the most interesting village on this route. Here is an almost complete set of tourist: the castle, neo-Gothic church, the church. The church, by the way, one of the largest and nayshykarnishyh rural Roman Catholic churches. But the castle a little less fortunate. But all in order.

Озеряны
Wikipedia claims that the settlement is known since the XII century. In 1494 it was destroyed by Tatars. In 1565 Ozeriany first mentioned as a town. The name probably comes from karst lakes, which in this land of many cave.

By the middle of the XVIII century the town was part of the estates belonging to Polish kings. In 1765 Ozeriany passed for rent Zhevusky magnates. Shortly after the first partition of Poland and the annexation of Austria lands zahidnopodilskyh town was finally sold Zhevusky. In the second half of XIX century Ozeriany buys Hetman and Chancellor of the great Lithuanian Sapyeha Leon, son of Adam Sapyehi, owner Bilche-Gold.


Who built the castle in Ozeriany defense is unknown. Architect-researcher Olga Plamenyts'ka, which overlooked the castle tower and made her zamery, concluded that the strength comes from the XVII century. Castle walls have a thickness of 1 meter, and the dimensions of rectangular structures are 10.3 by 7.3 meters. The ruins of the castle to find very simple: they are on the main street in the heart of the village at the junction with the road to Hlybochok.


Owners Ozeriany Sapyehi left in memory of a true masterpiece of Gothic - Church of St. Anne. Its author was from the city architect Adolf Kuhn. The temple was consecrated in 1875. His height allows you to see the memorial from any end of the village. After World sanctuary turned into a warehouse, and the faithful back in 1991.





Gothic decorated the front door


Decorative elements of the portal sculpture with Tabula Sapyehiv and emblems - the founders of the church:




Gothic window:


Sculptural Console on the shoulders of the arch:


Large and small step lateral buttresses:


The village is also a good Greek-Catholic Church of Christ the King, built in 1937:


The church can be seen everywhere: