Porcelain Museum in St. Petersburg
Address: 193 171, St. Petersburg, pr Obukhov Defense, 151
Phone: (812) 560-8300

A museum of porcelain - one of the oldest St. Petersburg. It was founded in 1844, the centenary year of the Imperial Porcelain Factory, Russia's first porcelain company, which he originally belonged to the history which is inextricably linked. In the XIX century to visit the museum free of charge and admire the exposed products there could anyone. At the beginning of the XX century the museum was closed, access to stored collections there was opened a few.

In 2001, the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, the museum's collection of the Imperial Porcelain Factory, which includes over 30,000 items were transferred to the balance of the Hermitage.

In December 2003, the territory of "Imperial Porcelain Factory" opened a new exhibition, showing all stages of its development and includes more than 600 exhibits. Since then, the factory collection, which has turned into a modern museum, equipped with the latest museum technology, has again become available to a wide range of visitors.

Along with the products of the Imperial Porcelain Factory in the museum contains items of Western European factories, which served as models for the domestic porcelain production, and private porcelain factories in Russia. For example, plant Gardner compete on quality products with the Imperial Porcelain Factory. Catherine II ordered the plant to Gardner's four famous medal the service: "Order of Saint Andrew", "Order of Saint George", "Order of St. Alexander Nevsky" and "Order of St. Prince Vladimir," which now can enjoy any visitor to the Museum of Porcelain.

A special part of the Museum of Porcelain is small (only about four items), but very interesting collection of art glass XVIII-XX centuries, which includes sets cut crystal, engraved goblets and damasks, decorated with carving and etching of laminated glass vases, objects, painted gold and colored enamels. The largest part of the collection items the Imperial Glass Works started its leading artists and craftsmen. But only the works of Russian masters collection is not limited to, apart from them can be found here and some interesting examples of European schools of glassmaking.

A significant part of the museum complex is a collection of rare art books, albums, pictures, photographs and engravings. Here you can find atlases with notes of artists who have used them in their work, their own drawings and designs for porcelain artists XIX-XX centuries, plaster models and sketches of artists, allowing to trace the entire birth process things, from the first conceptual sketch.

Museum SM Kirov
Address: Stone Island Prospect, 26/28
Phone: (812) 346-02-17, 346-02-89, excursions - (812) 346-02-17
Open: from 11.00 to 18.00, a day off - Wednesday

Museum SM Kirov is located in a former apartment house of the First Russian Insurance Company, one of the apartments is a comfortable five-room and was the abode of the first secretary of the Leningrad regional party committee. Kirov Museum includes a memorial flat, four exhibition halls on the fourth floor and three exhibition rooms on the fifth floor.

The main part of the memorial consists of five apartment rooms - an office, workshop, library, bedroom and dining room. In addition, it includes - room, maid room, kitchen, two hallways, bathroom and closet. If the walls of the apartment could talk, they probably would have told a lot of interesting things about the people who used to come here, including Stalin, Voroshilov and Ordzhonikidze.

In the study reconstructed the interior, which was common to all rooms of the party leaders in the 30s. Walls are covered with portraits of Stalin and Lenin, stands next to a window table at which he worked owner of the office. One of the most interesting exhibits of the museum - it is a portrait of the Kirov, made of feathers. Severe interior cabinet stuffed fox several enliven and birds - hunting trophies.

To hunt Kirov was indifferent about what, besides his trophies on display in the office, indicate stored in the workshop bag, pocket, shot, cartridge and other hunting equipment. In the same room is a bench and surviving metalwork and carpentry tools Kirov.

The library stores books collected Kirov. Including those issued in Europe and not seen on the shelves of Soviet bookstores, such as correspondence of Nicholas II or the works of Russian immigrants.

In the kitchen you can see the typical 20-30s items kitchen utensils, stove and sink true that once enjoyed the apartment dwellers of Kirov, and even casts of favorite dishes of its owner.

The room maids can see the exhibition dedicated to the normalized distribution of food and rationing in the Soviet Union.

In the halls of the fourth floor is an exhibition of "Leningrad in 1920-1930-ies", in addition, one of them played the cabinet interior Kirov at Smolny. In the halls of the fifth floor is an exhibition tells the story of the lives of children in Leningrad before the war, called it "For our happy childhood ..."