gototopgototop
  1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Main page

Esterhazy Castle

Written by Administrator

Posted on 18.08.12

Last Updated 18.08.12

PDFPrintE-mail

Esterhazy Castle is located in the western part of Austria, in Eisenstadt, almost on the border with Hungary. Today the castle is still owned by an ancient dynasty Esterhazy. He is considered the main attraction of the city Eisenstadt.

On the site of the present castle is a 13th century fortress was built of the same name. Since the 15th century it was the property of the Habsburgs, who in 1662 gave the ancient fortress, a rich family Esterhazy. This kind of great influence in the country and features a fanatical devotion to Austria.

In the late 17th century architect Carlo Martino Carion had reconstruction of the castle in Baroque style. In the 18th century it was renovated the interior of the castle, and in 19 the architect Charles Moore rebuilt the palace in neoclassical style. In this form he is presented to visitors to this day.

The castle was built around a courtyard and is square in plan. The facade of the castle, built in Baroque style and painted in pastel, light yellow color, decorate the busts of the 18th century that depict the genus Esterhazy and the Hungarian kings.

Huge baronial hall on the first floor of the 18th century, has been transformed into a luxurious concert hall, called the Hall of Haydn. It was here that the famous composer conducted specially chosen for him orchestra. The ceiling and walls are richly decorated with stucco, and the floor, creating the perfect acoustics, made of plain wood.

Also in the castle is interesting to see some magnificent state rooms, the Chinese stores - big and small, a stunning mirrored hall - located in large receptions, a small chapel and other facilities. Near the castle is a magnificent park, constructed in accordance with the English tradition of landscape art. There are many avenues, fountains, greenhouses, grottoes and statues. Also in the castle operates one of the largest museums of wine in Austria.

Today the castle Esterhazy is not only an important historical site, but still the center of the cultural life of the region, where hosts numerous concerts of classical music, secular parties, balls, and other intense activities. The luxurious, spacious halls of the castle you can even wedding or other event, and for the holidays (especially at Christmas) are carried out here entertaining programs for children.

Esterhazy Castle 1

Esterhazy Castle 2

Esterhazy Castle 3

Benedictine Monastery

Written by Administrator

Posted on 18.08.12

Last Updated 18.08.12

PDFPrintE-mail

 Benedictine Abbey of Melk (original title Stift Melk) - an ancient monastery, which is located on the Lower Austrian soil. It should be noted that in the early eleventh century Melk Babenberg was in power (the first princely dynasty in Austria). Some manuscripts from the library of the monastery say that even when Margrave Leopold I Melk was an important stronghold and the town, where could easily accommodate the higher ranks of the church, or travelers.

In 1089, at the monastery of Melk Benedictine monks finally settled, Owned, so it became known as the Benedictine monastery. It should be noted that in its history predstavlenyvy monastery burned several times, even before the ruins. In November 1700 the monastery was almost re-built, but in the Baroque style. Inner architect famous monastery chosen designer Antonio Bedutstsi theaters, in 1736 the construction of the Benedictine monastery was zavershino.

It should be noted that in this age of enlightenment monastery experienced some changes. In the early twentieth century in the Benedictine monastery were built with modern systems of water-supply and sewage systems, as it had electricity. Some of the buildings of the monastery were restored. During the First World War, the monastery had to part with a number of valuable works of art.

In 1989 in the Benedictine monastery specifically for tourists was discovered interesting exhibition. An exhibition of two years, during that time the monastery was visited by 1.1 million people. Today, for tourists here is the necessary infrastructure: a fine restaurant, parking for cars and bicycles at temples, the gardens also hold a variety of excursions.

It should be noted that the monastery at Melk is surprising in its scope, with an area of ​​17,500 square meters, and the length of the walls Benedictine Monastery is 362 meters. Stepping through the gates of this unique monastery, tourists get is the Middle Ages - in a bright room Benedict, whose image can easily be seen on the walls of this room. Also in this monastery specifically for tourists opened a museum, each room is devoted to specific topics.

Benedictine Monastery 1

Benedictine Monastery 2

Benedictine Monastery 3

Benedictine Monastery 4

Site Navigator

Free ads

 

Free ads in USA

News of our site

Moscow Kremlin
Moscow Kremlin
Visitor information The Moscow Kremlin is situated in the very center of the capital of Russia. Its monumental walls and towers, golden-domed cathedrals and ancient palaces stand high on the Borovitskiy Hill above the Moskva ...
Read More 5546 0

Aboriginal Australia Culture Center
Aboriginal Australia Culture Center
  Australian Aboriginal cultural center in the town of Alice Springs, was established aboriginal tribe "arrernte." Exposition center on the life of the indigenous inhabitants of Australia, located in the small intimate ...
Read More 4839 0

Benoit Family Museum
Benoit Family Museum
Benoit Family MuseumLocation: Alexandria street 8Open: from 10.30 to 18.00, a day off - Monday Benoit Family Museum was opened in 1988. The members of this illustrious family had contributed to the development of many ...
Read More 5031 0

FJALLBACKA
FJALLBACKA
This fishing village, as if entirely carved into the rock. The first mention of Fellbakke dated 1610 year. The small fishing port is hidden in the depths of the fjord Yoreforden against which the scattering of the inhabited ...
Read More 3940 0

Village Yahilnytsya Nahirianka
Village Yahilnytsya Nahirianka
  Yahilnytsya Village Yahilnytsya Nahirianka and is 10 kilometers south of Chortkiv, were once a municipality with the name Yahilnytsya. Today it divides the river Cherkaska: church and the church today are geographically ...
Read More 3156 0