1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Main page

Kalmar slott

Written by Administrator

Posted on 07.04.12


Sweden - East Coast and Islands


Kalmar slott

Kalmar Castle (Kalmar slott)

The history of construction of the castle takes its origins from the end of 1100. Initially defensive tower was built, enclosed by a wooden palisade, and then in 1280-ies were built more towers and fortified stone walls around the central tower, then up to the 16th century, work continued on the expansion of the castle.

Major construction work to expand and develop the castle come to 1337, at the time of Magnus Eriksson.

In 1545 King Gustav Vasa wanted to completely rebuild the castle for a new way of fortification art.

The premises of the castle fascinate and delight.

In the Tower of the King - Chamber of King Erik XIV - one of the most beautiful rooms in the castle: the walls are decorated with wood paneling and the ceiling is a magnificent frieze, made of plaster.

Green Hall was built for King Johan III in the northern wing of the castle in the 1550s.
In the 1580s the hall was decorated with a gilded ceiling and rich paneling of the walls, since they have been held royal receptions.

In 1592 the south wing of the castle was built a chapel. In the chapel are preserved the bench of the 17th century, decorated with monograms of Gustav II Adolf and Queen Mary Eleanor, pulpit and altar of the 18th century. There are still held weekly services, and the chapel is popular as a venue for wedding ceremonies.

Throughout its history the castle was besieged 22 times. During the 1611-1613 Kalmar War years, he was captured by the Danes.

In 1397, within its walls was signed by the Kalmar Union.

In the late 17th century the castle was used as a warehouse, in 1780 it was set up a brewery, and until 1852 the castle was used as a prison.

At this time, the lock operates as a museum, showing visitors historic interiors and objects.

Фото 1. Замок Кальмар. Швеция, Кальмар          

Фото 2. Замок Кальмар. Швеция, Кальмар

Фото 3. Замок Кальмар. Швеция, Кальмар

Solliden slott

Written by Administrator

Posted on 07.04.12


Sweden - East Coast and Islands


 Solliden slott

Castle Solliden (Solliden slott)

The castle is the residence of the Swedish royal family and the property of Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf.

It was built from 1903 to 1906, by order of Queen Victoria. The architect Torben Grut.

The castle was not built for ceremonial purposes, and as a country house.

The first floor consists of rooms of economy class.

On the second floor living room, dining room and guest rooms.

On the third floor - bedroom, living room and writing room.

In the attic a few small rooms.

The palace itself is closed to the public, except for the park that takes visitors into the summer months.

Фото. Замок Соллиден. Швеция, Боргхольм       

Site Navigator

Free ads


Free ads in USA

News of our site

Pharmacy Museum
Pharmacy Museum
  Pharmacy MuseumAmong the stone house in old city neighborhoods that surround the Market Square, features a house where the third century has the oldest existing pharmacy in Lvov. It was opened in 1775 Notorpom military ...
Read More 3681 0

First brewery
First brewery
The first brewery of Ukraine opened its doors in 1715.Beer has been brewed in Lviv since time immemorial. The first mention of these breweries dates back to 1425. In the second half of the seventeenth century, Count Stanislas ...
Read More 3340 0

Gustav Adolfs kyrka
Gustav Adolfs kyrka
HELSINGBORGGustav Adolfs kyrkaThe Church of Gustav Adolf (Gustav Adolfs kyrka)The church is located on the area of ​​Gustavus Adolphus.Construction of the temple started in 1893 by architect Gustave Hermansson.June 6, ...
Read More 3056 0

"Manor Princes Golitsyn" Blachernae-Kuzminki "
Museum of Russian estate culture"Manor Princes Golitsyn" Blachernae-Kuzminki "Poplar Alley, 6, travel by underground "Ryazan prospectus"(Last car from the center), bus 29 or taxi(Bus) 429 m to the stop "Park Kuzminki"Department ...
Read More 3717 0

Castle in selі Svіrzh
Castle in selі Svіrzh
Also known as: - Svіrzky castle (in Ukrainian), Svіrzhsky castle (in Ukrainian) - Castle in selі Svіrzh (Ukrainian), Zamek w Świrzu (pol.) The first phase of construction: second half of the 15th century (?) The last ...
Read More 4465 0