This church is first mentioned in written sources in 1279.
In 14-15 centuries the cathedral was rebuilt several times until the 18th century has not acquired its present appearance, blending in with the architecture of the royal castle.
In 1527 she became a Lutheran Protestant Church.
Behind the facade were and are still the royal wedding.
The wedding of Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia, in June 1976, took place precisely in Sturchyurkane.
Every Saturday at 13:00 at the church organ concerts are held.
Here you can see an oak sculpture of St. George with the serpent in the north-east chapel. Master of the Lübeck Bernt Notke cut it to commemorate the victory of the Swedish ruler Wall Sture the Elder over the Danes at the Battle of Brunkeberge in 1471.
Next to the sculpture - paintings of David Von Klekera Erenstralya - "Last Judgment" (1696), hung in the chapel of the castle Tre-Krunur and salvaged during the fire, "Crucifixion" - the canvas is in the south aisle Sturchyurkana.
The cathedral is located on the main historical value, and the oldest in Sweden painting by an unknown artist, it embodied the so-called "Stockholm miracle."