Cathedral of Graz is located in the heart of the city, in the historical part of it, next to the Mausoleum. This is impressive, very beautiful building in the Gothic style is considered one of the main attractions of the city.
The cathedral was built in the mid-15th century on the orders of Emperor Frederick III at the site of an early 12th-century church dedicated to St. Dzhileasu. For a long time, this church was the main church of the court.
The interior of the cathedral is very rich and beautiful, it is made in baroque style with a large number of carved, thin, gold-plated parts. Very beautiful entry doors that are decorated with the arms of Frederick III. On one wall, opposite the entrance, the remains of an old, mid-15th century frescoes. It shows all the misfortunes that have befallen the city of Graz in 1480 - plague, pestilence and the Turkish attack. It is the oldest image of a cathedral.
The unusually handsome and tall, made of pink marble altar. It is decorated with numerous sculptures depicting the miracle of the Holy Dzhiliasa. It was created back in the 18th century. It is also very beautiful and carved wooden chair, which refers to 1710, and original jewelry related to the mid-15th century. The cathedral is an organ that is located on a high balcony.