gototopgototop
  1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Dnepropetrovsk

National Reserve-island "Khortytsya"

PDFPrintEmail

Written by Administrator

Posted on 10.07.11


National Reserve-island "Khortytsya"

Island "Khortytsya" is the largest island on the Dnieper, which is unique in a rare combination in the same area a variety of natural systems - virgin steppes, and floodland ravine forests, rock vegetation, rare and endangered species, historic geology ...

Act, is extremely necessary, but somewhat delayed, justice has become of the land status of natural monuments of local importance (1958). Next - nature monument of republican value (1963). Natural (with the decorative, the island took refuge more than 1,000 species) and historical (reported here about hundreds of historical and archaeological sites) exclusivity Khortitsa gave grounds for declaring it the State Historical and Cultural Museum (1965r.). Now the whole island is a National Reserve (since 1993)..



The basis of the largest island on the Dnipro (length 12 and width, on average, 2.5 kilometers) are granites and gneisses, which about 2 billion years. They, zdiymayuchys as rocks in the northern part of the island, up to thirty meters above the Dnieper, create this mountainous country in miniature. Geographically, the same accumulation of rocks, caves, grottoes, some boulders, representing a mountain landscape areas such as Ukraine. The most noticeable peaks have their names, whose history is closely connected with the Cossack period. In particular, the Chairman of the High Rock, Rock Dumnyi, Sovutina, black, stupid, Middle Head.

On Khortitsa in miniature presented samples of all landscape zones of Ukraine. Until modern times steppe areas lucky enough to survive, especially on the eastern slopes, along the Old Dnieper. Number of species that have found refuge in the ancient steppe areas, more than 600 species (for comparison, Askaniyskoy desert about 600 species of plants in Homutivskomu - 528, on stone tombs - 460 on Michael virgin - 490).



Gully and ravine that pomerezhyly steppe slopes, too, are a registered pedigree from Cossacks: Naumova, Kostina, Shantsev, Hromushyna, Muzychyna United Molodnyaga, Korniyeva, Hannivka, Kruten'ke, Zmiivka, Dull Yar ...

Southernmost, floodland part of the island, perhaps the youngest species Khortyts'ka landscape. This is mainly alluvial area (formed under the influence Dniprova flow), which emerged about 3-4 thousand years ago. In nutrient-rich soils zdiynyalysya shrubs, trees and, of course grass. After basking floodland country that once stretched from Khortitsa to Kherson, was destroyed (trees and shrubs cut down, and the earth was down Kakhovka reservoir), the South Island ohvistya incomprehensibly increased.



Now this little corner (327 acres - about the eighth part of the island) is truly no cost. At one time Kakhovska flood filled some ulohovynky here, and the known ages of five lakes were added more than a dozen tiny reservoirs, where water lilies delight white, yellow jugs, cattail, reed, bulrush, sedge, iris, water nut.



If rapid Kakhovsky "sea", Khortyts'ka lake due to its usamitnenosti, became the main spawning grounds (where live about 50 species) in this part of the Dnieper. In swamps and around their lives more than 200 species of birds (all in Ukraine to just over 300 species), about 30 species of mammals and reptiles, living in lakes world's smallest (in diameter - within centimeters) type of fern - salviniya floating.



History of Cossacks

Museum of Zaporizhzhya Cossacks on the island is open year 14.10.83. But when on the Ukrainian steppe Knights aloud, to the same publicly forbidden to speak, this institution called the Museum of History Zaporozhye. Today, under the codes of the Museum collected more than 30,000 items, covering the historical period from the Palaeolithic to the nineteenth century the current era. The exhibition is complemented four dioramas.



Feature Khortyts'ka Museum is that, firstly, very originally designed this building: Granite plates, adjusted to each other, creating the impression that visitors move cave, the walls of which are silent relics of various eras and epochs.


Secondly, the vast majority of items collected, found at Khortytsia and Khortyts'ka environment. This stone tools, pottery, guns, anchors, fragments of ancient ships, oak barrel, which was felled a few years ago and the same lay on Dniprova days.



Exhibition area, developed at the 1600 square meters, in addition to artifacts, as it were of local origin, is also filled with material transferred from Lviv, Luhansk, Rivne and other museums, as well as revenues from archaeological and ethnographic expeditions.



"Protovche"

Excavations conducted by archaeologists of the reserve during 1976-1980 years, giving reason to believe a certain way, that one of the prototypes Sich, its forerunner, existed on Khortitsa near floodland part, close to lakes and Osokorove Korzheve. For it is here found a military settlement X-XIV centuries, and some finds (weapons, ceramics) indicate that the roots reached deeper into a unique object for several centuries. In the five studied napivzemlyankah (archaeologists call them confidently booth (!)) Lived defenders not only Khortitsa, but also of the southern borders of the proto-state groups.



Findings from the village Protovchoho occupied a worthy and significant place in the Museum of History of Zaporizhzhya Cossacks, and where was this settlement, created a memorial and tourist complex.



"Scythian state"

In the early twentieth century Khortitsa was 129 mounds, but up to now survived only about two dozen. Mounds (the oldest of them built by representatives of Bronze Age cultures in the third millennium BC, and the youngest - the Scythians in the third century BC) were placed in several groups of mounds at the roadside so-called Scythian way, once passed along its median Khortitsa , the upper part.



There were eleven burial complex - "live", reconstructed and stylized. In ancient mounds installed sculptures, stelae and just humanoid stele Bronze Age.

 

A natural complement to the area restored historical landscape Khortitsa (Khortyts'ka action to restore mass burial mounds became the first in Ukraine) is a museum of stone artifacts, deployed in one of the corners of the complex. Exhibits open-air museum - harmany, mortars, troughs, millstones, sculpture, stone pillars and crosses - found in the surrounding villages and brought to Hortitsu during March-May 2006.



Memorial and tourist complex "Scythian state" ("Visual Tomb") is about five acres. Together with the adjacent oak nuts and lots Pershostepu he is an amazing environment, which is visiting, a man not only receives information, but also aesthetic pleasure. With Cossack watchtower opened landscape within a radius of 25 kilometers.



"Taras Path"

 

 

Summer 1843 29-year-old Shevchenko traveled to Ukraine, visited Aleksandrovsk, visited Khortitsa. In May 2005, with the help of local historians, defined route, which went on Khortitsa poet and decorated his seven granite blocks. At block carved lines of the works of the Great Poet, citing Khortytsya and Big Lug Zaporozhska. Thus, there was a memorial and tourist route "Tarasova trail" that loved zaporizhtsyam and guests and Khortitsa.



Historical-cultural complex "Zaporizhzhya Sich"

Construction of historical and cultural complex "Zaporizhzhya Sich" was officially opened 14 October 2004, the feast of the Holy Virgin, on the Day of Ukrainian Cossacks.



The total area of historical and cultural complex of 3.5 acres. A placement of our "Zaporizhzhya Sich" selected the picturesque north-east coast Khortitsa offering a magnificent view of the Dnipro, rocks and islands that resemble the old fierce Dnipro rapids. In planning the complex is divided into two parts riznovelyki - "Inner Kiss" and "Suburbs".

Total on campus "ZaporizhzhyaJanuary" will be built 23 log and framed and turluchnyh buildings. It is assumed that together function as objects of the exposition purposes, which will play a Cossack interiors of dwellings (house and cottage Cossack chieftain), and formal educational institutions (military office and Sichova school). The dominant feature of the complex will be three dome church of the Holy Virgin. Buildings "External Koshu" should be recreational (tavern) and the interactive nature of (the present smithy and pottery production). For examples of fortifications Cossack time ruled by three towers, moats and earthen rampart with a palisade.

Ukraine - Dnepropetrovsk

Monastic Island-Dnepropetrovsk

PDFPrintEmail

Written by Administrator

Posted on 01.04.11

Monastic Island is one of the most romantic and attractive residents on an island in the city of Dnepropetrovsk.
Geographically, the island is part of the Central Park of Culture and it named T. Shevchenko.
The monastery has ceased to exist in 1240, during the Western campaign Batu at that time ceased to exist, ancient Russian settlement. In 1817 on the initiative of managing the German colonies Konteniusa state councilor, was founded College of Horticulture, which is in charge of the city parks. The first owner of the island became Ryabinin. In the early twentieth century in the island was built a railroad bridge, on the bank was set up base yacht club. 7
Following the approval of a new master plan of Dnepropetrovsk in 1956, joined the island and the park Shevchenko and built a pedestrian bridge. In 1958, there is a monument of Taras Shevchenko is one of the largest in Ukraine.
In 1999, the northern part of the monastery of the island was built by an Orthodox church. This is a white church with a golden dome. Near the church is a cross which set to give Apostle Andrew in the I century.

Useful information:
You can visit the Church of St. Nicholas, the monument of Taras Shevchenko, a zoo and a beach. Also there are cafe, restaurant, water station, the exhibition of fish in the aquarium building and horseback riding for children and adults.
Address: city Dnepropetrovsk, park Shevchenko.

Ukraine - Dnepropetrovsk

Historical Museum

PDFPrintEmail

Written by Administrator

Posted on 01.04.11

Last Updated 01.04.11

2Historical Museum


Historical Museum of the D.I. Yavornyts'kogo is one of the largest museums in Ukraine. It was founded in 1849 as "Public Museum" by Katerinoslav Governor A.J. Fabre and Director of the College Grahov. In 1902 and 1933, the museum led Yavornyts'kiy Dmitri Ivanovich.
5During the Nazi occupation the Museum had big losses.
The revival of the museum has experienced in 1970 - 1980 years. In 1975 was opened Diorama "Battle for the Dnepr” also opened a new exhibition on the history of the region from ancient times to nowadays. In November 1988, was opened Memorial House-Museum of Academician D.I. Yavornyts'kiy. In the 1990's perfected his museum exhibit and revising it in accordance with the new concep1t of history of Ukraine and the region, discovered historical sources of all types.
Today in the museum store more than 250 thousand exhibits. Among them are archaeological sites, relics of the Zaporizhzhya Cossacks, old editions of XVI-XVII century, cult collection, porcelain, clocks, furniture, weapons and many other historical and cultural monuments.

Useful information: 3
During the 160-year of its history, the museum was and remains unique in the Dnipropetrovsk region a center of preservation, study and promotion of monuments of national and international significance, educational center of historical consciousness, national pride, a sense of respect for the history, human values. 4
Address: city Dnepropetrovsk, Karl Marx, 16 avenue. Tel.: (0562) 46-34-22.
Open: 10:00-17:00 (Closed – Monday).

Ukraine - Dnepropetrovsk

Site Navigator

  1. Home
  2. Ukraine
  3. Dnepropetrovsk
Main
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
Moscow
Kaliningrad
Pskov
Vologda
Ukraine
lviv
Dnepropetrovsk
Crimea region
Uman
Kyiv
Odessa
Kolomiya
Chernivtsi
Ostrog
East Ukraine
West
United Kingdom
London
Edinburgh
Norfolk
Estonia
Denmark
Copenhagen
Aalborg
Odense
Billund (LegoLand)
Finland
Helsinki
Other recreational
Other cities info
Sweden
Stockholm
North of Sweden
Lapland
DALARNA
SCANE
East Coast and Islands
West Coast
Austria
Vienna
Am Hof ​​Square
Hofburg
Shtefanplatts and St. Stephen's Cathedral
Boulevard Ring
Graben and Kertner Strass
Belvedere and Karlskyrhe
Schönbrunn Palace
Parks of Vienna
Theaters and museums in Vienna
Vienna Arsenal
Hallstatt
The history of Hallstatt
Salzburg
Abbey of St. Peter
Mirabell Palace
Palace Helbrunn
Mozart's House Museum
Salzburg Cathedral
Dwelling house of Mozart
Salzburger Museum
Museum of Contemporary Art
The zoo
Castle Mauterndorf
Cave Eisriesenwelt
Old Town of Salzburg
Graz
Castle Schlossberg
Graz Cathedral
Burgh Castle
Church of St. Leonard
Mausoleum in Graz
Franciscan Church
Innsbruck
Alpine Zoo
Ambras Castle
Golden Roof
Cathedral of St. James
Tyrolean Museum
Triumphal Arch in Innsbruck
Museum "Swarovski Crystal Worlds"
Vilten basil
The Hofburg Imperial Palace
Linz
Old Cathedral in Linz
Castle of Linz
New Cathedral in Linz
Bad Ischl
Villa Lehar
Imperial Villa
Others
Esterhazy Castle
Benedictine Monastery
Castle Hartheim
Dachstein
Hochosterwitz Castle
Castle Hohenwerfen
Liechtenstein Castle
Bernstein castle
Basilica of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary
Semmering Railway
Most beautiful and famous castles in Austria
Castle Tratzberg
Castle Artshtetten
Castle Riegersburg
Fortress Forhtenshtayn
Australia
Adelaide
Botanic Gardens
National Wine Centre of Australia
Art Gallery of South Australia
Adelaide Zoo
South Australian Museum
Tandanya National Aboriginal Cultural Institute
Shark Bay
Monkey Mia
Alice Springs
Olive Pink Botanic Garden
Gallery Gondwana
Devils Marbles Conservation Reserve
Henbury Meteorites Conservation Reserve
Royal Flying Doctor Service
Aboriginal Australia Culture Center
The Central Australian Aviation Museum
The Museum of Central Australia
Watarrka National Park and King’s Canyon
National Pioneer Women’s Hall of Fame
Finke Gorge National Park
The Alice Springs Desert Park
Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve
Araluen Centre for Arts and Entertainment
The Alice Springs Reptile Center
Sydney
Discover Sydney
The Australian Museum
The Australian Reptile Park
Sydney Tower
Argyle
Chinese Garden of Friendship
Sydney Observatory
IMAX Theatre
IMAX Theatre
St Mary's Cathedral
The Hunter Valley
Other countries
SITE MAP

Free ads

 

Free ads in USA

News of our site

Himos
Himos
Himos  Himos one of the best resorts in snowy Finland. The season continues on Himos as in Lapland from November until early May. Here you will find all the conditions for access to skiing and extreme sports. For the ...
Read More 2400 0

Monday or Tuesday
Monday or Tuesday
Monday or Tuesday by Virginia WoolfEight early short stories are highly representative of Woolf's                                               stream-of-consciousness style.NEW ...
Read More 1523 0

Shopping center Okhotny
Shopping center Okhotny
Moscow State Exhibition Hall "New Manege"St George's Lane, 3 / 3, p. 3, Small Hall, Metro, "Ryad"Open daily from 10:00 to 19:00, except Mondays.(495) 692-44-59,(495) 692-86-74 (fax) In the heart of the capital, close to ...
Read More 3286 0

Gammlia
Gammlia
UMEA Gammlia Open Air Museum (Gammlia) The museum is a - village, in its original form and is devoted to the history of the city of Umea. In the 1920s, moved here, many old buildings: houses, barns, mills, bakeries, ...
Read More 1511 0

Church of the Holy Family
Church of the Holy Family
Church of the Holy Family appeared in Königsberg in 1907. During the war she, like other buildings in the city, has suffered, but not very much. After the war, there was a warehouse. Only in 1980, gave the room Philharmonic, ...
Read More 2051 0