Forhtenshtayn fortress located in the Austrian state of Burgenland, 8 km south of the city Mattersburg. The fortress lies on a hill with walls a beautiful view of the surrounding area and Lake Neusiedl.
Initially, the first part of the fortress on the site was built in the 15th century. In 1622 it became the property of a certain kind of Esterhazy, whose representatives immediately strengthened and rebuilt it with the help of architect Simon Petacchi, and later - Domenico Carlone. In the second half of the 17th century the castle was again rebuilt and expanded in the late 17th century, was used as a repository for the many jewels and treasures of the Esterházy family. In the 18th century it again reorganized, updated its external and internal appearance.
Fortress is a massive, impregnable structure, surrounded by thick walls with several gates, courtyards and defense towers. Walls and buildings surround the oldest medieval tower, which dominates the whole ensemble. In the courtyard there is an equestrian statue of Paul Estrehazi - the first prince of the tribe, who lived in the 17th century.
Now Forhtenshtayn castle still belongs to an influential family Esterhazy here still kept many treasures of the family. In the endless halls of the castle in Austria exhibited a rich private collection of weapons, war trophies during the war with the Turks, the magnificent paintings of battle scenes, as well as portraits of the Esterhazy family, vintage jewelry and ornaments, a collection of medieval furniture, etc.
Now admire the magnificent collectibles can be anyone. In addition, in the magnificent halls of the fortress in the style of the Middle Ages, is allowed to conduct weddings, cocktail parties and banquets. More suited for this main room and Leopoldinskaya room. Fireplace room is perfect for a very small, narrow reception. You can also cover the banquet tables and the fortress wall with stunning views.
For Emperor Franz Joseph I resort Bad Ischl was a special place. He loved this town, and there he met his future wife, Elizabeth, Princess of Bavaria. Sofia of Bavaria, like any mother, she realized her son to love luxurious place amid green forests, and in honor of the engagement with the Princess Elizabeth gave him a castle, called the Imperial Villa. To visit Bad Ischl, you'll need to buy tickets to Austria.
Imperial Villa is located near the center of Bad Ischl, and is now owned by Archduke Mark Salvatore, who, however, has not made it his personal residence and opened to the public and the villa and the surrounding park. The building is now a museum where you can see the trophies of the emperor and his personal belongings. As well as portraits of Franz Joseph and his wife Sissi. Also close to the villa is a lot of hotels in Bad Ischl.
The park near the villa is set original monument to Franz Joseph - dressed in hunting clothes, he listens to the sounds of the forest, surrounded by hunting dogs. The current owner tries to support the interior of the rooms in the same condition as it was during the life of Franz Joseph, in which the emperor had a good half of his life - he came here every summer for 60 years until his death in 1914.